Subscribe

RSS Feed (xml)

Sunday, February 12, 2012

How I became addicted

It was year 2000/2001 in the winter when we had similar snow cower as this year. I have been bored so I took a book about plants in my hands. And It punched me in the face when I saw this thing. At that time I didn't know what this is so I asked my Mom about it. Luckily she know what it is and told me that this is bonsai tree and that it's old and it's probably from Asia. I have been looking in it for a couple of hours and said to my self "I must have one". But where to get it. Since early age I have been helping my grandmother to decorate Christmas tree and Christmas crib. Often I have plant a bilberry ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bilberry ) next to Christmas crib to look like a tree. Eureka!!! That how I'll get my bonsai tree I said to myself, I took a shovel and axe and went to forest. I cleaned a snow and dig a bilberry with axe from frozen ground, I took it home, melted frozen root-ball with water and planted it in a small ceramic tray. Lord sweet lord I was happy. Bilberry didn't wake up in the spring, but it was too late, I have been addicted.


Love on first sight...
winter conditions similar to those in 2000/2001
not a single bilberry in my collection....I'll get one this spring :)


mugo pine under snow...









6 comments:

Nik Rozman said...

Vidim, da si malo preurejal vrt od mojega zadnjega obiska. Bi blo za pogledat ;)

LP, Nik

Matija Triglav said...

Dobrodošel...

Lp tijek

Nik Rozman said...

Z veseljem. Magar enkrat spomladi, ko bo vse na svojem mestu.
Drugače pa enako velja tudi zate. Vabljen.

LP

Matija Triglav said...

lahko mi pa prideš pomagat dat vse na svoje mesto :P

naredimo en bonsaistock po vzoru woodstocka ;)

Lukáš Sirotný said...

I see that you have more or less the same snow situation as we do here (but I guess you don´t beat in the lowest temperature - in my place -25 °C, overall in Czech Rep. - -35°C ;-))
Nice to hear the story of your bonsai origins - there are, in fact, two groups of bonsaists: who got involved because of the Karate Kid movie and the rest :-D ...
Looking forward to see some pictures from your "spring bonsaistock". Cheers guys, see you at the EBA at the latest!

Matija Triglav said...

hey Lukaš!

Nice to hear you, or read you :)
Winter is finally showing its real side. I'm glad that snow is here... it's good for nature. No, we don't have arctic temperatures here as you do, but it's going to -15 here where I live and to -20 in some other parts. I'm looking forward to see you in Slovenia at Eba convention and you are welcome to visit me at my place... .

Seeya man